- EIR — Equipment identification register.
- The product implements Equipment Identity Register function in GSM/UMTS/LTE networks.
- The /EIR solution implements the function of the Equipment Identity Register of GSM/UMTS/LTE network, which allows you to maintain a database of phones and manage their status when registering to the network. In addition to functionality specified by the standard, EIR also implements ADD (Automatic Device Detection) functionality which allows real-time subscriber phone change tracking and sending relevant notifications to the DMS (Device Management System) platform.
Hardware and software used.
- The solution may be deployed on standard x86 servers or in virtual environment.
- Functionality of the solution
- Blacklist / Graylist / Whitelist management
- GSM Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 2+, 3G and 4G IMEI operations support checking
- Supports provisioning from central EIR and BSS operator via ASCII files in GSM standard format
- Can offload its database to ASCII files in standard GSM format for consolidation by central EIR and BSS operator
- Supports extended CheckIMEI message containing IMSI / MSISDN in configurable tag.
- Support for automatic device detection feature. Automatic detection of an "event" when a specific subscriber uses another phone. Providing this "event" and related information to the device management system (DMS) platform for action.
- Supports IMEI analysis with up to 14 digits (remove extra characters if more than 14)
- Detection of cloned devices
- TAC was not allocated by GSMA
- "Special" IMEI (zeroed, etc.)
- IMEI restriction function for IMSI. Restrict IMEI (i.e. return "blacklist" status for CheckIMEI message) that are not allowed for a given IMSI.
- IMSI restriction function in IMEI. Restrict IMSIs (i.e. return blacklist status for CheckIMEI message) that are not allowed for the given IMEI.
- GSM MAP.
- MAP-CHECK-IMEI message and its parameters for GSM phase 1 EquipmentMngtContext v2 and v3 with additional container which consists of IMSI (extension token ASN.1);
- MAP-SEND-ROUTING-INFO-FOR-LCS message and its parameters for locationSvcGatewayContext v3;
- MAP-UPDATE-LOCATION message and its parameters for networkLocUpContext v3;
- MAP-INSERT-SUBSCRIBER-DATA message and its parameters networkLocUpContext v3;
- MAP-ANY-TIME-INTERROGATION message and its parameters for AnyTimeInformationEnquiryPackage v3;
- MAP-PROVIDE-SUBSCRIBERINFO message and its parameters for SubscriberInformationEnquiryPackage v3;
- MAP-SEND-ROUTING-INFO-FOR-LCS message and its parameters.
- Diameter S13
- HTTP - Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 1.1
- SMPP v3.4
Benefits of the solution.
- The solution will increase ARPU due to
- Increased penetration of VAS services
- New revenue streams
- The solution will allow to reduce costs due to:
- More efficient loading of call centers
- Faster launch of new VAS services
- The solution will improve service through
- Maintaining a real-time mobile device registry
- Easy interface to VAS
- The solution scales easily both horizontally and vertically.
Resilience of the solution.
Solution deployment example.